The never ending story
I loved that movie when I was a kid.
Anyway, something I am learning and discovering in new and exciting ways EVERY day, is that this weightloss thing is HARD. No kidding. And it doesn't seem to get any easier.
I mean, I can look at a chocolate bar and think "why does this tempt me? I've resisted it 10 times already today, and yet I still have to CHOOSE not to eat it."
I'm doing the POINTS plan on Weightwatchers, which means I have to count the POINTS values of foods and stick to my limit (20 per day). But here's the catch - for the system to work, you have to do it EVERY day. Not just once or twice a week. Or even if you were good LAST week, doesn't mean you can slack off THIS week, 'cause guess what - you won't lose weight!
This is all a little frustrating, especially when I have a tendancy to "treat" myself when I think I'm doing well.
Oh, and having a social life makes things tricky too.
Buuut anyway... I'm just having a little whinge. Things are going pretty well on the weightloss front, really. I lost 600g last week and 900g the week before, bringing me down to 79.3kg. Hopefully this week I'll get below 79kg which will mean over 30 kilos lost. Hoorah!
As for my 5kg challenge, I'm still working on it. It's definately possible, but I realise I might be putting too much pressure on myself. (ie, I'm gutted if I don't lose 800g per week, when 600g is a perfectly reasonable weightloss). I'm still doing the challenge to give me a kick up the bootie, but I'll reward myself (with new size 16 clothes) whenever I get there, even if it's after September 11.
And YES of course I'll post photos when I do. :)
So anyway, onwards and downwards.
I encourage everyone to take it one day at a time, and remember, THIS DAY COUNTS.
Oh, and if you haven't seen the movie CARS, you've missed out on something amazing. Get the DVD.
www.carsthemovie.com
Anyway, something I am learning and discovering in new and exciting ways EVERY day, is that this weightloss thing is HARD. No kidding. And it doesn't seem to get any easier.
I mean, I can look at a chocolate bar and think "why does this tempt me? I've resisted it 10 times already today, and yet I still have to CHOOSE not to eat it."
I'm doing the POINTS plan on Weightwatchers, which means I have to count the POINTS values of foods and stick to my limit (20 per day). But here's the catch - for the system to work, you have to do it EVERY day. Not just once or twice a week. Or even if you were good LAST week, doesn't mean you can slack off THIS week, 'cause guess what - you won't lose weight!
This is all a little frustrating, especially when I have a tendancy to "treat" myself when I think I'm doing well.
Oh, and having a social life makes things tricky too.
Buuut anyway... I'm just having a little whinge. Things are going pretty well on the weightloss front, really. I lost 600g last week and 900g the week before, bringing me down to 79.3kg. Hopefully this week I'll get below 79kg which will mean over 30 kilos lost. Hoorah!
As for my 5kg challenge, I'm still working on it. It's definately possible, but I realise I might be putting too much pressure on myself. (ie, I'm gutted if I don't lose 800g per week, when 600g is a perfectly reasonable weightloss). I'm still doing the challenge to give me a kick up the bootie, but I'll reward myself (with new size 16 clothes) whenever I get there, even if it's after September 11.
And YES of course I'll post photos when I do. :)
So anyway, onwards and downwards.
I encourage everyone to take it one day at a time, and remember, THIS DAY COUNTS.
Oh, and if you haven't seen the movie CARS, you've missed out on something amazing. Get the DVD.
www.carsthemovie.com

1 Comments:
At 3:44 PM GMT+12,
Trisca.. said…
Hello lovely - great to see another post!!
I have to agree with you that the weight loss thing is hard. It takes focus, determination, resolve and willpower.. and sometimes, you can feel so drained at the end of the day with all the effort it takes to make the right choices and to come out on track.
Some days, the effort seems more than we can face and doing it week after week is hard going. But as you know, the results do come - look at what you've achieved so far, it's just awesome!!
Keep going Tracey - you're one inspiring chicky babe.. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home