2004/2005

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly.


I gotta start with the good. See over to the right there? That's my bookmark from Weight watchers. It has one gold star for every 5 kilos I've lost. Count with me folks... That's "One", "two", "three", "four"... "FIVE!" Muwahahaha!!! Five stars on my bookmark. Five stars, times five kilos, equals... Let's hear you say it... "TWENTY FIVE KILOS LOST!!".
And see up there? Above this post? It's my ticker. It shows how far along my weightloss journey I've come. See the ticker? It's more than half way!!!

That's right folks, I've lost a total of 25.7kg since I started WW, which is slightly over half way to my goal. I've got no excuses now, huh? If I can do the first half, SURELY I can do the second half!

On a different note, hands up who's finding winter a wee bit of a mojo theif... "Ooh, me! Pick me!" Yup, kinda lost the plot lately. The usual - not counting points, not saying NO, not caring. The old woe is me mentality kicks in: "But I'm sure I DESERVE a chocolate bar... After all, I must burn more kilojoules being COLD all day long." Oh, and exercise SUCKS when it's raining. Whinge, whinge, whinge. At least my cold has gone (Hoorah!) and I'm loving LATIN FIT (Latin dance aerobics class), and I've joined a group of gorgeous ladies who do PILATES three times a week at work during lunchtimes. TOTALLY hopeless at it, and my gut aches every time I laugh or sneeze, but it's a good way of getting more exercise while staying dry. So I guess I haven't got much to complain about! Onwards and downwards. Bring on Spring. :) Oh, and one day I might post another update photo for y'all. Maybe. ;P

"This episode of Sesame Street was bought to you by the letters K and G, and the number 25.7"

8 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM GMT+12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep on going girl!!!
    I am on the same kind of path with a major blip in the screen. ( was attacked and had my jaw broken...one would think this would be a weight loss dream...not so...eating things the texture of ice-cream...easier to eat the ice cream) I'll check back in....best wishes

     
  • At 11:52 PM GMT+12, Blogger Stella said…

    wooooohooooo!
    its all i can say. i have been a bit emotional lately and when i read that i got a tear in my eye. what an achievement!!
    i am so glad to hear how well you are doing. you know you can do the second half, you have been there done that :P
    you are an inspiration...!!
    keep us posted darl :)
    and i love the sesame street bit ahaha! thats a good one!

     
  • At 12:19 AM GMT+12, Blogger Rae said…

    ooooo, thats a goiod excuse for
    *happy dancing!*

    *grin*
    WEll Done! over half way! You are doing oh so well, keep up the fabulous effort and i hope you give winter a boot up the behind next time you see him trying to steal your mojo, and tell him it's from me! silly cold... *mutter mutter*...

    and my gut is aching in sympathy! pilates is like that isn't it! you do it, and are reminded all day of it afterwards! it gets better though! i bet in six months time you will be one of "those" people who say "but i cna't feel anything in my belly working!" cos you will have abs of steel!
    hip hip, hurrah!
    Rae :)

     
  • At 8:48 PM GMT+12, Blogger Mezz_E said…

    Way to go!! You are going great guns!

     
  • At 9:48 PM GMT+12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my god tracey thats awesome! bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnn :)

    d xxxx

     
  • At 11:30 AM GMT+12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Tracey Anne, what a difference.

    I can see your waist in the wedding dress now, you look fab.

    Well done on your 25kg loss, thats fabbo! I love those book marks :)

    Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 3:59 AM GMT+12, Blogger Stella said…

    mm, no update for a while, got any news for us pretty lady??

     
  • At 6:26 PM GMT+12, Blogger mimbles said…

    Hey Tracey, just wanted to let you know that as I struggled through the last month, with my weight doing the yo-yo thing and heading in the wrong direction, one of the things that kept me optimistic and not giving up was your story. I knew that if you could stick it out and continue going to meetings and not giving up when things weren't going quite right then so could I! So, thanks for sharing, it's helped me and I'm sure many others too :)

    Much love
    Mim.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home