2004/2005

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Precious


It's a strange feeling, success. When you've worked so hard to achieve something and you finally do, how do you feel? Proud? Tired? Elated? All of the above?
For me, I feel like I have broken down a barrier that was holding me back.

Last night at Weight Watchers I weighed in to lose 1.1kg. Which brings me to a total of 15.4kgs lost. Aaah, the elusive 15kgs....
Now, I've by no means "made it". I still have just shy of 45 kilos to lose! So why is this "milestone" so important to me?
Well, I joined WW over a year ago in September 04. Things went really well at first and I lost my first 10kg quickly. Then things slowed down and I lost interest. Over the following months I gradually got down to 14.6kg lost... Until I fell off the rails and put a lot of it back on. I was still going to meetings, mind you (and this saved me in the end) but wasn't following the program. (Do you think a bag of lollies, a mince pie, and a McDonalds Boss super combo would fit into my points?)

Then 2006 came. I had no excuses. No-one was pressuring me to lose weight, and I had nothing to aim for. This time, I'm doing this for ME! And this time, things are going to be VERY different.
Since January I have lost 8.5kg and have FINALLY broken the 15kg loss mark - I'm now in unchartered territory!! So you finally get to see my bookmark with three stars on it - one for every 5kgs lost. It is MINE... My PRECIOUS...

Oh, and by the way... My camp on the weekend was FABULOUS. I felt like a complete knob walking around with my WW Points guide and my food scales, weighing everything and writing feverishly in a little book like some investigative journalist or IRD auditor... BUT I managed to stay COMPLETELY on points, drink all my water, and even got in some exercise!
The pics below are of the gorgeous "windows" walk we did through the old Waihi mining tunnels. The first is me about to walk into a tunnel, and the second is the amazing scenery. And if you look carefully through the tree branches you can see a black hole, or "window" where there is a hole in the side of the tunnel where miners used to throw the excess rock straight into the river. It was a long walk with a lot of stairs but I highly reccomend it!


11 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM GMT+13, Blogger nil said…

    Lord your an energetic girl.. Going on a camp would exhaust me ..Congrats on the 5kilo Milestone

     
  • At 12:28 PM GMT+13, Blogger Mezz_E said…

    Woo hoo!! I knew you could do it! Well done, was so happy to see the 15kg bookmark on your blog. I am so happy for you
    Mez
    x

     
  • At 3:39 PM GMT+13, Blogger Stella said…

    WOO!!
    I was so excited to see someone was *doing the happy dance* on the WW message board. I checked it out and saw it was you who was doing it and I have to say, I started doing a little jig in my chair aswell! Dontcha love it? As time goes on you get more energy and stamina for the happy dance :) haha
    You have done a super fantastic job, a great achievement!!Good onya!
    Adele
    xx

     
  • At 3:44 PM GMT+13, Blogger Em said…

    Congratulations on reaching your 15 kg loss.....you should be very proud of your achievements so far this yr...the way you are so determined its absolutely wonderful and so what if you felt like a knob lol, you managed to stay under points, exercise and have a great weekend :). Enjoy this precious..theres plenty more to come.. Have a great week

     
  • At 4:31 PM GMT+13, Blogger Mel_e said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! You are by far one of my bigges inspirations!

    You are also a great support - thank-you so much for your encouraging comments on my blog. They are truly appreciated and valued!

    GREAT JOB!

     
  • At 5:28 PM GMT+13, Blogger Chubbymum said…

    You are brilliant... woohooo you lost the 15 kilos... and this weeks loss is fantastic hun.

    The waihi walk sounds like so much fun. My one goal is making it over the Waihi hill by the surf club and I am going to achieve it by the end of the year that is for sure.

    Wohooo hun.

    Love CM

     
  • At 7:46 PM GMT+13, Blogger mimbles said…

    Yipeeee! You did it :) I'm as excited for you as if it was me! LOL Well done on sticking to your points at the camp, it sounds like you had a wonderful time - bushwalks with stairs give me the willies, my knees get all wobbly going down and going up? - well we won't go there :P One day I want to do the walk down the Grand Staircase at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, then I'll know I've made it!

     
  • At 1:24 AM GMT+13, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well done sweetie for your fantastic work!

    You're an absolute inspiration and such a gorgeous, lovely person too.

    Keep smiling!

    Lis.
    xxx

     
  • At 1:32 PM GMT+13, Blogger Fliss said…

    CONGRATS TRACEYANNE!!! How fantastic you must be thirlled!! I saw on someones blog a little while ago that they took a photo og butter at the supermarket in the amount of weight they lost.. thats a whole lot of butter!! I can just imagine what 15 kgs looks like and i cant wait to be able to celebrate too! Only i lost my bookmark but ohwell ill stil do the 'happy dance' and ill do one now for you too! Keep it up and thanks for all your inspirational comments i love reading your blog it keeps me on track :)

     
  • At 1:39 PM GMT+13, Blogger Trisca.. said…

    Congratulations Tracey!! I'm so excited for you making your 15kg this week!! I know the feeling about unchartered territory.. I'm the same now I'm over the 15kg mark too.

    Keep up the fabulous work and can't wait to see you add another star to your bookmark!!

    Trisca.. xo

     
  • At 12:00 AM GMT+13, Blogger stevierose said…

    you are looking fantastic in your photo, my god girl, when you reach that 20kg loss, we are gonna celebrate!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home