Another challenge
There has been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but have lacked the confidence. I was scared that because of my weight it wasn't possible. Well, this weekend I did it.My husband and I walked to the top of Mount Maunganui.
Okay, I know it's not very big as far as mountains go, but it was a huge challenge for me. I haven't done it since I was a child and have horrible memories of it then! But I was inspired by Sally at my WW meeting who encouraged me, so I packed a picnic lunch and up we went!
I'd love to say it easy, but it was actually pretty hard. A long, steep walk with lots of steps. But you know what? It was worth it! The view from the top is AWESOME and we had a lovely picnic. Now I have a huge sense of achievement and confidence - another barrier broken!
Surely I can do anything?

On a completely unrelated note, I heard this info recently and thought it was really fascinating.
Apparently TIME magazine did a survey of people all over the world about HAPPINESS and what makes them HAPPY. They were able to make two conclusions from an overwhelming majority of responses. What makes people happy? Is it cars, or nice houses or pets? Apparently not...
1) HAPPY PEOPLE ARE GREATFUL FOR WHAT THEY HAVE.
This is such a powerful thing. How easy is it to forget what we have to be greatful for? I find this a really good way to pick myself up when I'm feeling down - just start listing all the things you are greatful for. You'll run out of time before you can list them all!
2) HAPPY PEOPLE VOLUNTEER TO DO THINGS UNPAID.
Is is possible that when you put OTHER people first, you actually benefit more from it? There are so many people that sacrifice so much of their lives to help others and they wouldn't have it any other way. Can we learn something from these people?
Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these principles...
WEEK IN REVIEW: 21 March 06 - 27 March 06
Food points = 146.5/154
Water = average 11 glasses per day
Exercise points = 25.5 earnt
Sugar points = 12.5/14
Weightloss = 200g
Can't complain - the weightloss is still heading in the right direction. Slow and steady, eh? Hope you all have a fantastic week. I have one heckova weekend coming up, so I'll keep you posted...

15 Comments:
At 3:54 PM GMT+12,
Leighanne said…
Congratulations~ what a lovely view!!
At 4:47 PM GMT+12,
A1-Computers said…
Good for you Tracey Anne! Too many people think they have to wait until they are 'thin' before they can do things. How are they going to lose it and feel great if they don't do things! I applaud you for facing your fear and doing it anyway--that is what I call courage.
bonnie--
http://my-healthy-weightloss.blogspot.com
At 5:28 PM GMT+12,
mimbles said…
Wow! That looks like plenty of mountain to me :) I have many hideous childhood memories of being forced to climb mountains when I was unfit and asthmatic (I had very mild asthma and wasn't diagnosed till my late teens). I look forward to being fit enought to enjoy it for a change - I should make dragging the kids up Mt Kosiusko one of my goals! That's a great photo, I love the triumphant grin and you're looking pretty damn good there :)
At 5:30 PM GMT+12,
mimbles said…
Bugger, I spelled Kosciusko wrong :P
At 6:24 PM GMT+12,
Kris said…
Well done for the mountain walk. I did it about a month ago and it hurt but it was all worth it when I got to the top. I couldn't believe how steep it really was.
Keep up the good work.
Kris:)
At 9:41 PM GMT+12,
Chubbymum said…
Slow and steady wins the race hun. I am doing it slow and steady and that is the best way. They say that way it will stay off..
Love CM
At 9:38 AM GMT+12,
nil said…
I totally agree with the study.. I just read 2 excellent books called purpose driven life then pathway to purpose , both books talk about taking care of others in some way and that daily we should have our eyes peeled to the needs of others..(ie-someone needing help with heavy groceries or elderly crossing the road , holding the door open, smiling at strangers)..those little things mean a lot to some people and boost your self worth as well.
At 4:47 PM GMT+12,
Em said…
Good on you for doing that...can imagine how good you felt afterwards..such an awsome feeling when you achieve something you were hesitant in doing. Well done on another gr8 loss....enjoy your weekend..look forward to reading all about it.
At 1:19 AM GMT+12,
stevierose said…
hey dark you look excellent, that weight is falling off! WOE BABY!
i love seeing pics of places i grew up seeing, i use to go to the mount as a young hoon, ahhhh those were the skinny minny days!
im chasing ya with your great losses...keep it up!
At 4:38 AM GMT+12,
Anonymous said…
congratulations on climbing that mountain. i bet you felt really good afterwards and now just think of what u can do next!!!
At 11:34 AM GMT+12,
frangigal said…
Hi Tracey,
I sooooooo love the area you live in & I know how high Mount Maunganui is, so I think that is a fabulous achievement. And hey!! Look at you, ya little hottie. You're looking mighty fine. Keep up the great work.
Petina
P.S. I'm with you on the "happy" stuff.
At 4:47 PM GMT+12,
Sue said…
Well done on the climb - it's bloody steep! That photo of you is just fabulous!
At 11:03 PM GMT+12,
Stella said…
:) congrats darl
that is a real achievement and u should be proud of urself!
you most definitely can do anything! believe in yourself and you will do it!
have fun this weekend!
XX
At 2:43 PM GMT+12,
georgie_c said…
WOW! You climbed a mountain!
That is such a fabolous achievement, something I bet you never thought you could do... but I hope this shows you that you are one TOUGH lady and can do ANYTHING that you set your mind to!
I'm so proud of you!
At 7:30 PM GMT+12,
Tina said…
Thats an amazing achievement hun...you should be so proud of yourself. And the pics are awesome....you look terrific!
Post a Comment
<< Home