These boots are made for walking.
If you had told me just 6 weeks ago that I would enjoy exercise, I would laugh and explain to you (in itty bitty words) that there is nothing I detest more. 6 weeks later, I would serve those words up in a nice slice of humble pie and eat them.Basically, a miracle has happened. I. Actually. Enjoy. Exercise. Me, the same person who used to yell at and abuse my boyfriend just for suggesting that we go for a short walk.
But in early January 2006 I decided I need to start to MOVE more (as per weight watchers THINK, EAT, MOVE) so I went for a short 20 min walk near my home. The first hill I came to I was in dire physical pain. My legs & back ached, and my chest felt like it would burst from all the huffing and puffing. But I continued to do that walk, increasing in frequency from once a week to thrice, or even five times a week.
Then I got the idea (from another WW member) of doing a fun run/walk. The shortest ones around here are about 5km. 5km, are you crazy? The longest walk I'd done was 3km and it dang-near killed me. But I'd got the bug and started thinking about it.
Yesterday I tried a new walk. It took me 55 mins and when measured - 4.2km!! Wow, maybe (just maybe) I could do this 5km thing?
So today I tried one of the beautiful walks available in Tauranga - from Maxwells road to Waihi road along the Waikareao estuary. 5kms and it took me just on a hour.
And guess what... I enjoyed it!! Who would have thought?

5 Comments:
At 10:14 PM GMT+13,
Tina said…
Isn't it funny?! I was the same as you...tried to get out of any exercise if I could and NOW, the kids ask if we can head home now when we're out walking...LOL
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
At 4:43 PM GMT+13,
Em said…
Just had a read of your blog...... well done on your great losses in 2 weeks . that is awsome!!!! Your pics are wonderful and they are a great thing to look back on as you shed your weight. I know what you mean about exercise., I live to exercise lol, although I have been a tad slack these past 2 weeks but tomorrow is a new day. Good luck with your journey
At 5:42 PM GMT+13,
frangigal said…
You're a little champ. I soooo love Tauranga - you're lucky to live somewhere so lovely.
Keep up the good walk..... I mean work :-)
At 8:54 PM GMT+13,
Chubbymum said…
OMG it is like reading me. I hated exercise... HATED it but now I get so angry when I don't do exercise in the week. I get grumpy and hubby tells me to get off to the gym he he he he.
Well done for your walk.
Love CM
At 11:56 PM GMT+13,
Trisca.. said…
Glad to see you're enjoying the exercising so much!! It's a weird feeling when you suddenly realise you not only enjoy it, but sometimes you actually crave it!!!
Hope you're having a fabulous week..
Trisca.. xo
Post a Comment
<< Home