Eating out saga. Part Two:

A good friend of ours took hubby and me out to dinner last night to celebrate our recent wedding. He took us to a lovely resturant called "Harbourside Brasserie & Bar" which is right on the waters edge in Tauranga (see left). Very posh.
I accepted this invitation with MUCH trepidation as I have not had a good history with dining out and sticking to my points (see below post "Those girl guides are onto something").
But I am very pleased to announce:
I DID IT!
I have discovered that it is absolutely possible to dine out and thouroughly enjoy your meal, while still staying within a healthy diet (and not blowing my points).
How did I do it? Thanks to the advice of some of the lovely ladies on the WW message boards, this was my plan of attack:
First I checked the internet and read through the menu online. Then I called the resturant and asked the waiter for further information on how the dishes are cooked and asked his reccomendation. Having decided what to order I saved a few points by eating lightly that day, and armed with my points guide off we went to the restaurant. During the evening I drank diet coke and water, and asked that my meal be served without any extra oils or dressings. And when desert menus came out I whipped out my points guide and ordered a low point biscotti.
And when all was said and done, I had a fantastic evening and I even saved 3 points.
So THERE! That was a huge barrier for me but I've proved to myself that it IS possible and I'm so happy. Can't wait for weigh-in on Monday!

5 Comments:
At 11:54 PM GMT+13,
Trisca.. said…
Hooray!! What a huge achievement!!! Congrats Tracey-Anne - eating out is one of the hardest things to do. I still really struggled wtih it. Am so glad you've conquered the issue in such a positive and well thought out manner.
Have a terrific week and hope you have a good loss this week!
Trisca.. xo
At 2:15 AM GMT+13,
Stella said…
woohoo! it feels great to be in control, and it sounds like you went about it the right way with phone call and checking the menu on the net. its a good idea, i just wing it when i go out :S probably not the best way to go! i will have to take a leaf out of your book!
have a good day on monday! :)
At 5:30 PM GMT+13,
Em said…
What an achievement.... that is awsome Tracey-Anne.....Thanx for showing me how its done as eating out always means blowing my points to me so now I am aware of what I can do,I wont shudder. Hope your weigh in went well
At 8:18 PM GMT+13,
mimbles said…
What a fantastic plan of action for eating out! I have 2 restaurant challenges coming up, vegetarian yum cha on Saturday and a farewell for one of my son's pre-school teachers at a pizza and pasta place the following Friday. I'm pretty sure the yum cha will be ok, I'll just stick to the steamed stuff. The farewell will be a little more difficult as it's a set menu, but I've no excuse, you're proof it can be done :)
At 8:43 PM GMT+13,
Chubbymum said…
I have been to that restaurant in Tauranga...isn't it a lovelllllly restaurant.
Mmmmm
Congrads on eating out it is hard and you managed it.
Love Chubbymum
Post a Comment
<< Home