2004/2005

Thursday, February 09, 2006

300g of success!


I had my WeightWatchers meeting last night and was SO looking forward to it!!
I've had a great week - been really focussed and on track. I had eaten 156 points of my allowed 154 (2 pts over) but I'd earned a massive 19 exercise points! (Which is pretty incredible for someone who just a few weeks ago wouldn't even go for a walk because of the pain due to being SO unfit!).
So basically, I've had a good week and am expecting some great weightloss.
So I'm standing in the line, and the lady in front of me who was weighing in made a big grumpy fuss when she stepped on the scales. The weigher said "that's great, you lost!" but the lady continued to fuss saying "Yes, but what a pathetic amount!". I stood behind her thinking, "Sweetheart, ANY loss is a great loss!".
And had to remind myself of those same words when I stepped on the scales and lost a grand total of 300g.
But (as I've been reminded recently on the WW message boards) it's all about attitude, right?
There could be a million reasons why I didn't lose more than that (TTOTM) and I know I stuck to my points so I can be proud! And at least I'm 300g closer to goal now. :)
The picture I've posted is to remind me of my success - it's 300g of meat (actually, it's 275g of Lamb steak that I'm defrosting for dinner for hubby and me, but that's beside the point...) but I'm picturing it as a big 300g chunk of me, that I don't have to carry around anymore!
So here's to losing 300g - here's to success!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM GMT+13, Blogger Kris said…

    Congrats on the loss. It is good to put a picture to the weight that we lose because a number just doesn't seem like much but the steak is a good idea and then there is the 500g which is a tub of margarine.
    Keep up the good work.

    Kris :)

     
  • At 6:48 PM GMT+13, Blogger Chubbymum said…

    What a great way to create a picture of how much you have lost.

    300grams is less weight on you than last week and keeping it off is the main thing... we didn't put it on in one week we can't take it off in one week.

    What a great attitude you have. Keep it up.

    Chubbymum

     
  • At 9:32 PM GMT+13, Blogger Tina said…

    Hi Tracey, I came across your blog from another (can't remember who, sorry). Congrats on your weightloss...looking at it in this weigh is terrific! I sometimes get disappointed in small losses and need to remind myself that it all counts!
    Hope it's ok to link your blog from mine...looking forward to coming back and reading your updates!

     
  • At 11:23 PM GMT+13, Blogger Trisca.. said…

    Hiya Tracey,

    I'm loving the defrosting steak pic and yes, it's great to see your weight loss visually - really puts it into perspective!

    Hope you have a great week this week!

    Trisca.. xo

    p.S. Your wedding photos are gorgeous!!

     
  • At 9:04 PM GMT+13, Blogger Kris said…

    Hi there,
    When I first went into the Virtual Model site I had the same problem as you they said that my model was too big. I just went into all of the clothing places until I found one that would allow me to use there clothes. I can't remember which one it was now but try them all and hopefully you will find one.

    Kris :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home